Before I was used to salycillic acid to treat occasional zit occurunces but hates how it dries up that little erupting volcano and leave a scar for days before it fades away. Discovered tea tree oil from blogs that I follow before and never used other magic zip zapper apart from this one again. Tea tree essential oil is a potent healer, especially 100% pure tea tree oil like that from TRUessence Essential Oils. Keep in mind that many essential oils on the market (even those sold in health food stores) have potentially toxic extenders. (Labeling laws allow manufacturers to use up to 50% chemical extenders and still say they are 100% pure.)
5 Powerful Use of Tea Tree Oil:
1. SKIN SAVER Heals suburns Relieves itchiness from rashes and chickenpox Treats acne, warts
2. ANTIBIOTICS Heals infections naturally (fungus, skin tags, vaginitis, sinusitis, cystitis) Anti Viral and anti candida Alleviates chest and head congestion, stuffy nose
3. HAIR SAVER Prevents dandruff lice (Put a few drops on the shampoo) Keeps your pet’s fleas away
4. ORAL HEALTH Cures bad breathj
5. HOUSEHOLD All purpose cleaner (Freshen the carpet, cleans mold once mixed with apple cider vinegar Tea tree oil is applied topically and NOT swallowed. It’s also a good idea to determine if you have an allergy to tea tree oil before using it. Apply a small amount to your inner arm to see if any reaction occurs.
Tea Tree Oil must be PURE
The NCCAM recommends avoiding oxidized oil, which has been exposed to air, because it may trigger allergies more than fresh tea tree oil.21 Avoid using undiluted tea tree oil to avoid irritation as well. Instead, use it in gel, cream, or lotion form. Look for an all-natural topical product that incorporates tea tree oil in safe quantities. Some info about the purity of tea tree oil here.
What I like about it?
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil is like 15% concentrated only and costs more. This one’s 100% pure and potent!
- Sourced from and made in Australia.
- 100% pure. Free from SLS, parabens, synthetics and fillers; guaranteeing unaltered, pure oil
- I like that it’s in glass packaging.
- The germicidal active in Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil, terpinen-4-ol, is at least 30% greater than International and Australian standards.
- It’s a must have in the medicine cabinet!
Directions of Use Apply sparingly to minor cuts, burns, abrasions, pimples, boils, bites and stings. Apply Tea Tree Oil directly or on a cotton bud.
- Never ingest the oil! Call you nearest emergency for poisoning.
- While pregnant or breast-feeding without medical supervision
- Near eyes. Seek medical attention if contact occurs
- On children under 2 years old
- Undiluted essential oils on children under 12 years old. Skin patch test prior to use.
To repurchase or not? Definitely. Zit Zapper and Antibiotic in one, definitely this goes to the family staple!!
Where to buy: Healthy Options